Ice rocks

Ice rocks
Hiking along ice rocks and a glacial lake with the mountains in the background

Me and glacier Grey

Me and glacier Grey
Me in front of a glacier in Torres del Paine Chile

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chile

We have been in Chile for almost four weeks now. We have been in Santiago for two weeks on this coming Wed. Santiago has been amazing! We have been all around the city with our friends. There are lots of parks where you can walk on grass and hang out in. The largest difference here is the culture for men and women. Women cook and clean and men work. I asked Jason to do the dishes and my friend said no never! Men are not allowed to do dishes! I was like what! Oh no Jason cooks and cleans we do it together. Men are served first here. When dinner comes at a home or at a restaurant it is always men first. I really do not like this part of the culture!! So I was a bit pissy having to do the dishes and cook because that was the custom. Well it is over now and tomorrow maybe Jason will have my back and say yes in the USA I cook and clean with Amanda!
Tonight we are going to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D and hopefully have a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment